How do I join?
- Fill out the Membership Request Form on the website.
- Check our Calendar to find out when we have our next rehearsal.
What is the Schedule?
The Bushwackers practice and perform only on the weekends leaving the weekdays free for other activities such as school, work, and social time. Winter rehearsals start after our Open House and our season runs for about 9 months to the first weekend of September. The schedule is roughly as follows:
- Winter Camps (December – March): We come in one full weekend per month (from Saturday 9am to Sunday 5pm) plus one Sunday per month. These rehearsals are all indoors and we prepare mostly with music and marching fundamentals.
- Spring Training (April – June): We rehearse every weekend (from Saturday 9am to Sunday 5pm) learning the bulk of the visual portion of the show outdoors.
- Competitive Season (July – August): We have a performance on almost every Saturday evening and on some Sundays. During this time, the weekend camps start on Friday evening and go till Sunday 5pm.
- DCA Championshsip (Labor Day Weekend): in Rochester, New York. We have full day practices on Thursday and Friday before the weekend, and then travel to Championships where we stay at a housing and rehearsal location until we return to the Princeton area on Labor Day Monday.
How much does it cost?
The tuition fee for brass and percussion are around $1,200. Color guard members will have a total tuition fee of around $850. The fees are due in installments throughout the season, or can be paid up front. Because we aim to provide an experience that is like a world-class DCI corps operating only on weekends, this is an all-inclusive price. This fee includes:
- World-class rehearsal facilities including sleep-over facilities and showers
- All music instruments and visual equipment, and all instruction by the top instructors in the industry
- Modern coach buses driven by professional drivers from rehearsals to competitions that are over an hour away (about 8-10 bus trips)
- All food while with the corps. On a camp weekend, this normally includes Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner, and Sunday breakfast and lunch. During Championships, this includes at least three meals a day. In addition, on show days, we provide an extra pre-competition meal at the show site.
What financial assistance is available?
We have several ways for members to raise money towards reducing their tuition.
- There will be several fund-raisers members can participate in throughout the season. Many members raise a good portion of their tuition with these fund raisers and some members have raised their entire fee.
- We will help members find sponsorships that will help reduce the amount they will need to put towards their tuition.
- We offer a $50 discount for siblings and a $50 discount to returning members.